(PRWEB UK) 15 September 2011
Funds raised at the lunch will contribute towards the provision of Diverse Abilities Plus support services for children and adults with various disabilities across Dorset. The charity, which has been established in Dorset for more than 55 years, provides a range of assistance, support and education services including Langside School, Supported Living, Project My Time and Disability Wessex.
Many fantastic auction and raffle prizes were generously donated by the attending Rugby stars and various local businesses.
The auction included a driving day for two people at Castle Coombe including signed gloves from the Stig, professional driving instruction and the chance to drive a Ford Escort Mexico previously driven by Jeremy Clarkson. Further lots included a short break at Hoburne Doublebois in Cornwall, a day for two fly fishing for trout in the Test Valley, and original caricatures of Ollie Smith, Phil Bennett OBE and David Duckham MBE.
Also, a signed print which featured Rugby greats Lawrence Delaglio, Jason Robinson, Richard Hill and others from the last Six Nations Grand Slam, a Web Ellis rugby ball signed by the Welsh World Cup Squad, two 2 VIP tickets for Yeovil Town FC against Bournemouth and a Countrywide UK double garage door were available.
Raffle prizes included Rugby-themed memorabilia such as Dorset Sporting Club tickets for when Dean Richards MBE, ex England, British Lions and Leicester No8 will be speaking along with John Stiles (son of Nobby Stiles), and signed photos and autobiographies of the Rugby stars who attended. Also a Magnum of Champagne, two rounds of golf courtesy of Hoburne Golf, hampers, and food and drink prizes were handed out to a number of winners.
Tickets for the Harlequin vs London Irish Rugby match were kindly donated by England Rugby International and British Lion, Ollie Smith, who currently plays for the Harlequins. He had also hoped to attend although was unfortunately unable to on the day due to injury.
Barclays was the headline sponsor of the event. Andy Cranstone, Senior Business Manager, at Barclays Business, Bournemouth said: The event was a great success and we are pleased that the charity was so well supported. Diverse Abilities Plus is a very worthy local charity, and all at Barclays are delighted to have been involved in such a fantastic event.
Following the success of this years event, the charity has already set a date for next year – Friday 14 September 2012 and is encouraging people to save the date. Helen Alexander, Fundraising Manager for Diverse Abilities Plus, said: We are absolutely delighted with the event and are extremely grateful to all those who helped to make it such as great success. We have already decided to make the Rugby lunch an annual event, and we hope to be able to offer even more tickets in the future to meet the anticipated demand!
For more information or to contact Diverse Abilities Plus please visit http://www.diverseabilitiesplus.org.uk or call 01202 718266.
Diverse Abilities Plus is a charity that has been supporting children and adults with Cerebral Palsy and associated disabilities working in the County of Dorset, England for 55 years. The charity provides a range of assistance, support and education services for young people aged two to 19, adults and families. Services include:
- Charity to Host Michael Buble Tribute Dinner
- Charity Concert Brings the Sounds of Christmas to Bournemouth
- Local Businesses, Celebrities and the Community Come Together to Create a Charity Recipe Book of Tasty Treats
- Carbon NYC Announces Esquire Magazine as a Media Partner for its Third Annual Spring Charity Soir
- White Pepper adds Flavour to Charitys Fundraising Efforts
Leave a comment
Follow Us On Facebook
- dyslexiax: Biography - Mahima http://t.co/vyfJUSOn #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Link Learning Center Announces Simple, Structured Method to Help Anxiety, Depression, and O http://t.co/yJXTu0TX #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: NAPW Dallas, TX Local Chapter Held First-Ever Fashion Show & Expo at White Space http://t.co/cCurtHcX #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Larry Benz Honored with Prestigious Physical Therapy Award http://t.co/jV4kLMRJ #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Nursery Rhymes - Incy Vincy Spider http://t.co/YQ7iiff6 #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: euronews learning world - Learning from the word "go" http://t.co/LS8XAxiD #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Church of Scientology Sponsors Red Ribbon Week Forum on Strategies to Reduce Drug Demand http://t.co/SHaoQmxU #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: ProcessWeaver Inc. Exhibited at the 26th International Air Cargo Forum & Exposition http://t.co/FVSG0dhA #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Educational Philosophy http://t.co/S8Jl4Pcv #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Eat to Win Attends Two Conferences in Attempt to Fight Childhood Obesity http://t.co/fsUxihsO #dyslexia #dyslexic