Manhattan Beach, CA (PRWEB) September 30, 2011
Go-to parenting expert Melanie West has launched PictureFirstLearning.com, a brand new website that revolutionizes how students from kindergarten through 2nd grade learn the sight words.
Sight words are very difficult to teach, says Melanie West. They are words which school curricula require students to know by sight, words such as to, of, and through. Therefore, many teachers simply require students to memorize and repeat, without teaching their students the true meaning of these words.
Without understanding these sight words, reading difficulties and learning disabilities ensue. Thats why many students, even in high school and college, have trouble properly editing their written work (e.g. catching the use of the word “to” instead of “too”).
Students are rarely taught what many of the Sight Words mean.
To combat this problem, we created PictureFirstLearning, an interactive program designed to support young readers through the process of building visual images for the top 40 sight words. It is a fun, creative process of discovering what the Sight Words really mean, making language come to life.
Unlike traditional programs that force children to memorize the sight words, PictureFirstLearning is an immersive, interactive program. Using sight word flash cards and worksheets, students explore the sight words in a completely visual, auditory, and kinesthetic manner, allowing students to fully grasp these words.
Having used the PictureFirstLearning program in her private practice, Melanie West has seen a dramatic improvement in her students reading abilities.
Shes now making this same program available to parents across the country.
PictureFirstLearning provides sight word flash cards, worksheets, and books for K-2 students. Headquartered in Manhattan Beach, CA, PictureFirstLearning.com was founded by Melanie West and Suzanne Kisly Coburn of The Right Side of Learning, Inc. To find out more about PictureFirstLearning and the Sight Word products, visit [http://www.picturefirstlearning.com.
# # #
- Melanie West to Speak at TedX Manhattan Beach
- Parents Can Help Kids Read by “Making Speech Visible,” Says Noted Researcher
- Treat Childhood Dyslexia by Mastering 270 Abstract Words and Symbols with Charter3D
- Parents Learn About Remediation Methods for Children With Dyslexia
- TBoxApps Launches Apps for Speech Therapists
Leave a comment
Follow Us On Facebook
- dyslexiax: Biography - Mahima http://t.co/vyfJUSOn #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Link Learning Center Announces Simple, Structured Method to Help Anxiety, Depression, and O http://t.co/yJXTu0TX #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: NAPW Dallas, TX Local Chapter Held First-Ever Fashion Show & Expo at White Space http://t.co/cCurtHcX #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Larry Benz Honored with Prestigious Physical Therapy Award http://t.co/jV4kLMRJ #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Nursery Rhymes - Incy Vincy Spider http://t.co/YQ7iiff6 #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: euronews learning world - Learning from the word "go" http://t.co/LS8XAxiD #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Church of Scientology Sponsors Red Ribbon Week Forum on Strategies to Reduce Drug Demand http://t.co/SHaoQmxU #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: ProcessWeaver Inc. Exhibited at the 26th International Air Cargo Forum & Exposition http://t.co/FVSG0dhA #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Educational Philosophy http://t.co/S8Jl4Pcv #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Eat to Win Attends Two Conferences in Attempt to Fight Childhood Obesity http://t.co/fsUxihsO #dyslexia #dyslexic
Random Search Terms
- pros and cons of labelling children with special needs
- no gender please were pupils
- pros and cons of labeling children with disabilities
- Michael Greenberg rett 2013
- peanuts snoopy messenger bag
- critical condition san andreas mission
- pros and cons about labelling
- color coding keyboard for dyslexia
- angelina jolie dyslexia