Mom’s Courage Brings Better Life for Son with Asperger Syndrome. Leads to New Product with Way to Grow: The Kids Need to Know: Asperger Syndrome
Frederick, MD (PRWEB) April 27, 2012
Originally developed by Ruth Bielobocky, this power point presentation was used as a tool to tell her sons 6th grade classroom about Asperger Syndrome. Following the success he experienced after using the presentation, she worked with Barbara Luborsky, OTR/L, a pediatric occupational therapist and founder of Way to Grow, to write and edit the script and the Parent Guide, and document validating research to support this approach.
Students with disabilities are often the targets of bullies. Research shows that children with Asperger Syndrome are actually targeted by bullies at a rate that is four times higher than their typical peers. Watching their child suffer social isolation or be a target of bullies can lead parents to consider sharing information about their childs diagnosis with his classmates.
Research also shows that telling peers can improve the social climate of the classroom for kids with special needs as long as classmates are also given information about dealing with affected peers. Clear and concise information is critical, but it is also important to allow time for kids to problem solve and plan how to improve social interactions when their classmate acts out or behaves oddly.
Background: Way to Grow is a private pediatric occupational therapy and speech clinic located in Frederick, MD. The Way to Grow staff has been specializing in treating the unique needs of children since 2002. Ms. Luborsky is the owner of Way to Grow and is an occupational therapist who has worked with children of all ages with various diagnoses including: autism/PDD, cerebral palsy, developmental delay, down syndrome, learning disabilities, and sensory processing disorder. Way to Grow also provides consultative services for adults with developmental disabilities. Learn more at http://www.way2grow.com.
A video to preview the presentation can be seen at http://www.Tools2growkids.com. To purchase the presentation, parent guide and script for $ 47.99, go to http://www.Tools2growkids.com.
For more information or to schedule an interview with Barbara Luborsky, please email her at info(at)tools2growkids(dot)com
- New Tool Released by Tool2GrowKids.com Helps Parents Improve Social Relationships in the Classroom for Their Child with Asperger Syndrome
- “Think And Grow Rich” by Napolean Hill and Billionaire Andrew Carnegie is Now a Free Bonus with Shoestring Startup Courses
- Signs of Perceptual Dyslexia also known as Irlen Syndrome or Scotopic Sensitivity Syndrome (SSS)
- Charity Concert Brings the Sounds of Christmas to Bournemouth
- EverWhite Whiteboards Selected as a Top 10 Product of 2011 by American School & University Magazine
Leave a comment
Follow Us On Facebook
- dyslexiax: Biography - Mahima http://t.co/vyfJUSOn #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Link Learning Center Announces Simple, Structured Method to Help Anxiety, Depression, and O http://t.co/yJXTu0TX #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: NAPW Dallas, TX Local Chapter Held First-Ever Fashion Show & Expo at White Space http://t.co/cCurtHcX #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Larry Benz Honored with Prestigious Physical Therapy Award http://t.co/jV4kLMRJ #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Nursery Rhymes - Incy Vincy Spider http://t.co/YQ7iiff6 #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: euronews learning world - Learning from the word "go" http://t.co/LS8XAxiD #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Church of Scientology Sponsors Red Ribbon Week Forum on Strategies to Reduce Drug Demand http://t.co/SHaoQmxU #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: ProcessWeaver Inc. Exhibited at the 26th International Air Cargo Forum & Exposition http://t.co/FVSG0dhA #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Educational Philosophy http://t.co/S8Jl4Pcv #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Eat to Win Attends Two Conferences in Attempt to Fight Childhood Obesity http://t.co/fsUxihsO #dyslexia #dyslexic
Random Search Terms
- kinesiology exercises for kids
- tennis for beginners with dislexia
- no gender please were pupils
- commander safeguard movies
- pancake mannor ryms
- barbie and the charm school part 1
- brain gym kinesiology for dyslexic add adhd kids
- pros and cons of labelling children with disabilities
- pros and cons of being labeled dyslexic
- disleksia and dramatherapy