San Diego, CA (PRWEB) June 19, 2012
Katie Holler, a mother of five daughters including three diagnosed on the autism spectrum, finds that The Social Express is a valuable educational tool in her toolbox. She believes there are lots of learning apps available, but nothing that presents the skills she has set as goals for her daughters like The Social Express.
The Social Express is a new 16-lesson social learning software program for children between the ages of five and 12 years. It uses interactive video modeling, movie quality animation and original characters that children find engaging. Each one of the 30 interactive scenes contains teachable moments to help parents reinforce learning.
The Social Express Is Movie-Like
According to Katie Holler, The Social Express is pretty amazing. When you use it, its almost like watching an animated Hollywood movie. Except its interactive and I can stop the program at any time to talk with my daughters about the choices the characters in social situations can make.
Holler continued, The teaching tips included in The Social Express Guide are one of the best things for me. Ive learned how to reinforce the social lessons when my daughters and I are out and about. As a mom of special needs children, I just try to use every resource I can. Especially one that helps me teach and reinforce the skills we are working with the children on in school and therapy sessions.
Holler finds that The Social Express works equally well for both her higher functioning children with autism and her lower functioning daughter.
This Social Skills App is a Good Investment
Holler considers the program to be one of the best tools that shes found because its helpful and informative. Holler said, I highly recommend it to other parents of children with special needs. It helps me a lot. I consider The Social Express a worthwhile investment because it hits on all of the major social skills goals we have for our children. That includes learning social cues, pragmatic skills, non-verbal skills, and inferencing.
About The Language Express, Inc.
The Language Express, founded by parents of autistic twins in 2008, is a privately held company based in Encinitas, California. The company develops The Social Express and other interactive social learning software. The companys mission is to help children with ADHD, Autism and Aspergers to improve their lives by teaching social skills using video modeling. Visit the company at http://thesocialexpress.com/
- Learning Disability and Social Inclusion (Policy and Practice in Health and Social Care Series)
- Richard Lavoie: Learning Disabilities & Social [DVD]  [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
- Kurzweil 3000 Software for Learning Disabilities
- BrainTrain Announces Reading Software Giveaway
- MyShindigs.com is Reinvigorating Peoples Social Lives One Party and Event at a Time
Leave a comment
Follow Us On Facebook
- dyslexiax: Biography - Mahima http://t.co/vyfJUSOn #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Link Learning Center Announces Simple, Structured Method to Help Anxiety, Depression, and O http://t.co/yJXTu0TX #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: NAPW Dallas, TX Local Chapter Held First-Ever Fashion Show & Expo at White Space http://t.co/cCurtHcX #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Larry Benz Honored with Prestigious Physical Therapy Award http://t.co/jV4kLMRJ #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Nursery Rhymes - Incy Vincy Spider http://t.co/YQ7iiff6 #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: euronews learning world - Learning from the word "go" http://t.co/LS8XAxiD #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Church of Scientology Sponsors Red Ribbon Week Forum on Strategies to Reduce Drug Demand http://t.co/SHaoQmxU #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: ProcessWeaver Inc. Exhibited at the 26th International Air Cargo Forum & Exposition http://t.co/FVSG0dhA #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Educational Philosophy http://t.co/S8Jl4Pcv #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Eat to Win Attends Two Conferences in Attempt to Fight Childhood Obesity http://t.co/fsUxihsO #dyslexia #dyslexic