(PRWEB UK) 2 September 2011
The local charity has organised the event to raise vital funds for the provision of its support services across Dorset. The event will include a raffle with prizes that include rugby memorabilia, and a charity auction will also be held. Auction prizes will include a driving day in a racing car driven by Jeremy Clarkson. The car will be on display at the event.
Rugby legends Phil Bennett, former Welsh international Rugby Union fly-half, and David Duckham, former English Rugby Union player, will be giving a speech at the event about their times with the British Lions. Ollie Smith, who currently plays for the Harlequins, will also be attending.
Helen Alexander, Fundraising Manager for Diverse Abilities Plus said: We are thrilled that the lunch has sold out weeks ahead of the event and are extremely excited about the line up of guest speakers. The event is being held on the first day of the Rugby World Cup hence the rugby theme. All funds raised will help Diverse Abilities Plus to continue to support children and adults with profound physical and learning disabilities locally.
Barclays is the headline sponsor of the event. Andy Cranstone, Senior Business Manager, at Barclays Business, Bournemouth said: Diverse Abilities Plus is a very worthy local charity and we are proud to be sponsoring this fantastic event. Local Barclays employees are already actively involved with the charity through hands-on volunteering, so we are well aware of the excellent work they deliver locally. We hope the lunch proves to be a great success.
Diverse Abilities Plus is the only local charity that provides lifetime support to children and adults with varying disabilities working across Dorset for 55 years. The charity provides a range of assistance, support and education services for young people aged two to 19, adults and families.
For more information or to contact Diverse Abilities Plus please visit http://www.diverseabilitiesplus.org.uk or call 01202 718266.
Diverse Abilities Plus is a charity that has been supporting children and adults with Cerebral Palsy and associated disabilities working in the County of Dorset, England for 55 years. The charity provides a range of assistance, support and education services for young people aged two to 19, adults and families. Services include:
Langside School independent, non maintained specialist day school for children and young people from the age of two to 19 years who have PMLD (profound and multiple learning disabilities). Its one of only 19 similar SEN (special education needs) schools in the UK.
Smithers provides overnight and day short breaks. Short breaks help families manage the challenges of providing full time care for their child. A visit can be during the day or a sleep over allowing the child to make and meet friends and relax and enjoy themselves.
Shapes provides home support (domiciliary care) for children and young people aged between two and 18 with individually tailored programs.
Project My Time provides child-led holiday activities that give young people with disabilities the same leisure and fun opportunities that their peers enjoy.
Barnabas a well equipped day setting for adults. Adults can learn new skills and enjoy a wide range of experiences.
Supported living this service is for people who live in their own home but may need up to 24/7 support.
Disability Wessex – offers assistance with disability benefits for people with disabilities or chronic and acute health conditions and their families or carers, as well as the parents of disabled children.
Play Opportunities – supports families with disabled children to have a chance to get out and enjoy themselves with other families in similar situations.
Awesome Days and Awesome Nights A youth group, set up and run by young people of all abilities, aged between 13 – 19 years.
Face 2 Face a free and confidential network of trained volunteer befrienders, who support parents to make positive adjustments to the news that their child has a disability or additional need. Every Face2Face befriender is a parent whose own child has a disability. They know what it’s like to cope with a new diagnosis and can offer support parent to parent.
The charity was founded in 1955 by Mrs Phyllis Edwards who formed a group of parents intent on providing better opportunities for their children with physical and learning disabilities.
Visit Diverse Abilities Plus Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/diverseabilitiesplus and follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/GoldChallengeDA
For more information
Contact: Zoe Hiljemark, PR Account Director / Jenny Pearce, Senior PR Account Executive
E-mail: zoe(at)marketing-matters(dot)co(dot)uk / jenny(at)marketing-matters(dot)co(dot)uk
Tel: +44 (0) 1202 777111 / +44 (0) 7770 924439
Address: Marketing Matters, Unit C, Acorn Business Park, Ling Road, Poole, Dorset, UK, BH12 4NZ
- Rugby World Cup Kicks Off with Successful Charity Lunch
- Local Businesses, Celebrities and the Community Come Together to Create a Charity Recipe Book of Tasty Treats
- Charity to Host Volunteer & Recruitment Fair
- Charity Concert Brings the Sounds of Christmas to Bournemouth
- Charity to Host Michael Buble Tribute Dinner
Leave a comment
Follow Us On Facebook
- dyslexiax: Biography - Mahima http://t.co/vyfJUSOn #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Link Learning Center Announces Simple, Structured Method to Help Anxiety, Depression, and O http://t.co/yJXTu0TX #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: NAPW Dallas, TX Local Chapter Held First-Ever Fashion Show & Expo at White Space http://t.co/cCurtHcX #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Larry Benz Honored with Prestigious Physical Therapy Award http://t.co/jV4kLMRJ #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Nursery Rhymes - Incy Vincy Spider http://t.co/YQ7iiff6 #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: euronews learning world - Learning from the word "go" http://t.co/LS8XAxiD #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Church of Scientology Sponsors Red Ribbon Week Forum on Strategies to Reduce Drug Demand http://t.co/SHaoQmxU #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: ProcessWeaver Inc. Exhibited at the 26th International Air Cargo Forum & Exposition http://t.co/FVSG0dhA #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Educational Philosophy http://t.co/S8Jl4Pcv #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Eat to Win Attends Two Conferences in Attempt to Fight Childhood Obesity http://t.co/fsUxihsO #dyslexia #dyslexic