Boston, MA (PRWEB) August 10, 2012
The Center for Clinical Social Work announces the creation of the online American Clinical Social Work Association (ACSWA) for clinical social workers, Americas largest behavioral healthcare profession, with 200,000 in practice.
ACSWA is an online home where clinical social workers can come together to network, share, discuss, comment, blog, link, query, learn, and access vital information. This is the first national online organization devoted to clinical social workers, and the first organization of its kind in the field of healthcare.
ACSWA will be an indispensable part of the clinical social workers professional life, stated Yvette Colon, Ph.D., BCD, president of the Center for Clinical Social Work, ACSWAs parent organization.
For years we clinical social workers have been cut off from each other. With ACSWA, we get to come together and renew our professional identity, across state lines and job classifications. We are all committed to the same thing: compassionate service to individuals, couples, and families, drawing on a unique set of values held by no other healthcare profession: the primacy of client need; client-led interventions; understanding of the person-in-environment; and assessment, diagnosis, and treatment in a context of social justice and changing lives and systems for the better. We comprise the largest mental health professional group in the country, and have a lot to say to each other, to those in need of help, and to the systems that serve as gatekeepers to access care.
ACSWA consists of a content-rich website and many social media features, with news, perspectives, research, and opportunities for clinical social workers and graduate students to advance their practice and make connections. Clinical social workers are educated in graduate schools (masters and doctoral levels), receive in-school field training, and practice under supervision for at least two years before earning the right to become state licensed in clinical practice.
ACSWA is a unit of the Center for Clinical Social Work, which also operates the American Board of Examiners in Clinical Social Work (ABE), the national standard-setting organization for clinical social work.
- dyslexia social work social justice
- Learning Disability and Social Inclusion (Policy and Practice in Health and Social Care Series)
- Outback Therapeutic Expeditions Welcomes Dr. Brandon Park to Clinical Team
- The SEED Center of Stamford, CT Offers Summer Break Program for Social Skill Development
- WorldatWork’s Alliance for Work-Life Progress Announces 2012 Work-Life Rising Star Honorees
- Mom of Three Autistic Daughters Calls Social Learning Software Amazing
Leave a comment
Follow Us On Facebook
- dyslexiax: Biography - Mahima http://t.co/vyfJUSOn #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Link Learning Center Announces Simple, Structured Method to Help Anxiety, Depression, and O http://t.co/yJXTu0TX #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: NAPW Dallas, TX Local Chapter Held First-Ever Fashion Show & Expo at White Space http://t.co/cCurtHcX #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Larry Benz Honored with Prestigious Physical Therapy Award http://t.co/jV4kLMRJ #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Nursery Rhymes - Incy Vincy Spider http://t.co/YQ7iiff6 #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: euronews learning world - Learning from the word "go" http://t.co/LS8XAxiD #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Church of Scientology Sponsors Red Ribbon Week Forum on Strategies to Reduce Drug Demand http://t.co/SHaoQmxU #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: ProcessWeaver Inc. Exhibited at the 26th International Air Cargo Forum & Exposition http://t.co/FVSG0dhA #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Educational Philosophy http://t.co/S8Jl4Pcv #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Eat to Win Attends Two Conferences in Attempt to Fight Childhood Obesity http://t.co/fsUxihsO #dyslexia #dyslexic