English Teacher Launches Modeling Career At Age 50 While Overcoming Dyslexia and Rheumatoid Arthritis; Sandra Wilson Featured On Cover of ActiveOver50 Magazine
LOS GATOS, CA. (PRWEB) October 28, 2011
ActiveOver50, the #1 magazine for the active 50+ consumer in Northern California with over 200,000 readers in print and online, features teacher/model Sandra V. Wilson, 50, on the cover of its latest issue.
High school dropout at 16. Married at 21. Divorced at 25 with two kids. English teacher at 40. Starts modeling career at 50all the while overcoming dyslexia and rheumatoid arthritis. Her lifelong dream was to become a model on the runway or grace the cover of a magazine.
How does a 50 year old compete against size 2, teenage girls? Sandra said, If I could conquer all the other challenges in my life, why not start a modeling career at 50?
Lili Forrest of Deviations agency was looking for a mature and fit baby boomer, and Sandra had the looks and shape. Besides profiling Sandra who lives near Charleston, West Virginia, the latest issue of ActiveOver50 includes the following articles:
Wrong Meds Can Kill You
AARP Up Close by columnist Dr. Walter M. Bortz, II, M.D.
How Long Will You Live?
De-Clutter Your Life by money columnist Evelyn Preston
Down Under by travel adventure columnist Don Mankin
Social Security Q & A
Second Actsby job career columnist Dr. ArLyne Diamond
Computer Games for the 50+
About ActiveOver50 Media
ActiveOver50 is a six year old Media Company in the San Francisco Bay Area offering an array of products for the active 50+ consumer including a TV series with NBC Bay Area, trade show, newsletter, website and print magazine. The magazine reaches over 200,000 readers in print and online worldwide.
ActiveOver50 targets the active 50+ who are working, seeking work, thinking of retiring or leading active retired lives.
For more information about ActiveOver50 Media, contact publisher/CEO Larry W. Hayes at 408.921.5806 or email Larry(at)ActiveOver50(dot)com. Visit website: ActiveOver50.com.
- Pre K Scholars Launches Four-in-One iPad App: Phonics Fun and Games
- TBoxApps Launches Apps for Speech Therapists
Leave a comment
Follow Us On Facebook
- dyslexiax: Biography - Mahima http://t.co/vyfJUSOn #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Link Learning Center Announces Simple, Structured Method to Help Anxiety, Depression, and O http://t.co/yJXTu0TX #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: NAPW Dallas, TX Local Chapter Held First-Ever Fashion Show & Expo at White Space http://t.co/cCurtHcX #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Larry Benz Honored with Prestigious Physical Therapy Award http://t.co/jV4kLMRJ #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Nursery Rhymes - Incy Vincy Spider http://t.co/YQ7iiff6 #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: euronews learning world - Learning from the word "go" http://t.co/LS8XAxiD #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Church of Scientology Sponsors Red Ribbon Week Forum on Strategies to Reduce Drug Demand http://t.co/SHaoQmxU #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: ProcessWeaver Inc. Exhibited at the 26th International Air Cargo Forum & Exposition http://t.co/FVSG0dhA #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Educational Philosophy http://t.co/S8Jl4Pcv #dyslexia #dyslexic
- dyslexiax: Eat to Win Attends Two Conferences in Attempt to Fight Childhood Obesity http://t.co/fsUxihsO #dyslexia #dyslexic